- Frame: SpeedAddict Superlight 3″
- FC+PDB: KISS CompactCTRL CC All-in-One
- Motors: Brotherhobby Tornado T1 1407 3600KV 4S Racing Edition Brushless Motor for FPV Racer
- RC Receiver: Spektrum Quad Race Serial Receiver (SPM4648) w/Diversity
- Cam: RunCam Owl 700TVL Night Vision Starlight FPV Camera 0.0001 Lux FOV 150
- Video transmitter: TBS UNIFY PRO 5G8 HV – RACE (SMA)
- Antenna: TBS Triumph Stub
- Propeller: DALPROP T3045 3 Blade
- Lipos: 4S Tattu 850mah 75C and 3S Tattu 850mah 75C
- Additionals: U.FL to SMA Female Right Angle Pigtail and Run Cam Owl Upgrade for SuperLight 3″
SpeedAddict Superlight Frame
Where to buy
- Super light frame
- Sub 150 gram AUW (no lipo) possible
- Tough as nails
- 130mm XL frame geometry
- Easy to build
- Easy to maintain
- Fits 20mm x 20mm or standard 30.5mm x 30.5mm FC’s
- Knurled silver anodized standoffs
- Multiple Vtx / FPV antenna mounting options
- Innovative Vtx / FPV antenna mount made of flexible TPU.
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality materials
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality fasteners
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched performance
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched customer support
- 29 grams (fully dressed with all hardware and 3D parts)
- 27 grams (no VTX mount or atenna mount)
- Material: Twill Weave 3K Gloss CF
- Bottom plate: 2.5mm thick
- Top plate: 1.5mm thick
- Frame Type: XL
- Frame Size: 130mm
- Motor pad mounting holes: M2 on 12mm bolt circle
- Motors supported: 1306 or 1407
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s
- Lipo sizes supported: 400mah to 1000mah
- Lipo mounting position: Bottom
- Fits 3″ props
- Included 3D plastic parts color: Black (other colors sold separately)
KISS CompactCTRL CC All-in-One
This version of the All-in-One board by Flyduino consists of a KISS 32bit flight controller and 4x 32bit KISS ESCs, rated at 16A (21A active limit), great for mini FPV setups.
It’s made for instant DIY success as you only need to solder motor wires, connect power and a radio and go.
The KISS CC should be ideally driven up to 4s and up to 4 inch props. 5 inch props are possible but you need to choose motors carefully. The CC will actively limit the output to 21A.
Where to by
Specs and Features
- The CC comes preflashed with FC fw v1.1RC6 and ESC16A fw v110a
- Weight of PCB: 11g (without wires)
- Size 35x42mm (with cut off corners)
- 4x KISS ESC 32bit ESC’s 2-4S 16A (21A active current limiter)
- KISS FC F3 32bit with serial, buzzer and LED ports.
- Fully Dshot600 capable
- The CC supports full telemetry and logging via serial port. Setup is the same as with the regular KISS FC.
More Infos & Downloads: http://kiss.flyduino.net/kiss-compactctrl-cc-allinone-fcescs
I soft mounted the KISS AIO board upside down. If you do so, all connectors are easy to reach. The only downside is that the bootloader button is only reachable by a screwdriver. The usb connector directed to the front. You can access this with a small micro usb cable. The board direction in the Kiss setup is: yaw +90° / roll +180°
The motor cables were laid on the underside.
The video transmitter and the rc receiver fit perfectly between the flight controller and the top plate.
I really recommend the U.FL to SMA Female Right Angle Pigtail to mount the VTX antenna.
The design is very compact. The all up weight (auw) is 249g with a 4S 850mah tattu lipo. There is less space bewteen the rotors and the frame. That can cause propeller impacts on the frame when you crash. You can save more weight if you use the Super Mini – 600TVL Mini FPV Camera (1.8mm / 2.8mm Lens). The standoffs for this CMOS camera are already included in the frame package.
This is a very powerful 3 inch setup. I love this little copter. But be aware: It costs nearly the same as a 5″ fpv racer. The KISS standard PIDs don’t work well with this setup. When i enable dshot600 and plug in a 4s lipo, i have to lower the Kd from 10 to 2.5 on pitch and roll. Otherwise the morots get very, very, very hot :-)! I also lowered the Kp from 3 to 2.6/2.7. There is nealy no vibration so i turned off the LPF filter.
The BrotherHobby motors perform very well with this setup. Thrust-to-weight ratio is insane. The KISS escs are rated for 16a and 21a burst. For 4S tri-props it’s precisely right. I will post flight videos and pid-tuning tips for this build in upcoming days.